Monday, December 12, 2011

Yoomi Yoomi (Yummy Yummy)

"I can confirm with 100% certainty that no one, and I mean NO ONE, can create patisserie like the French," ME.


Last Thursday afternoon, Matt and I decided to visit the little village of Poitiers and see what Christmas festivities were about.  Much to our delight, we came across Mathieu's favourite little patisserie shop.  Inside were enough mouthwatering macaroons, cakes, patisserie and homemade chocolates to make any girl's toes curls.  For me, this was paradise.  Anyone who knows me, knows what a sweet tooth I have and what a treat this was!  

We spent the afternoon feasting on raspberry macaroons and pain au chocolat but the winner for me, was the mini raspberry, milk and white chocolate mousse cakes that we ate for dessert that evening.  The only words for this little cake from heaven is "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh"...  I literally said, "oh my goodness," after the first bite.

It is said that there are those of us who eat to live and other who live to eat, you can guess which category I subscribe to.

Au revoir!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!

    http://farfallanostalgico.blogspot.com/2012/01/beauty-that-purrs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very delicious!

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete